Google Maps

Home Forums Front-end Questions Google Maps

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Can you confirm that the server API key and browser API key are now supposed to be the same? That’s only my conclusion because of the documentation.

2 reasons:
    1. On your Google Settings page, the link for “Click here to learn how to set up this API key” has been removed.
    2. On the direct link to “Google Browser API Key” page, you’ve mentioned: “If you have already created a project and followed the steps to create a server key, then skip to step 14.” but the instructions end at step 13.

If I still require 2 different API keys (Server and Browser) where can I find the instructions?
    I have all settings to display the map saved, but the map is still not appearing on the list page. I have entered the same API Key (Geocoding / Javascript with restrictions for IP Address) in both the Server and Browser fields.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you. We recently updated our documentation on Google API keys and overlooked a couple things. If you want to restrict your keys, please set up two keys.

Google Server API Key

Google Browser API Key

Once you have set them both up and added them to the plugin’s settings, make sure at least one of your users has an address filled out which has been properly geocoded. The latitude and longitude fields will be filled out upon geocoding.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2016 Ternstyle LLC. All rights reserved.
site design: ternstyle.us