Video views

Home Forums Feature Requests Video views

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thore 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

thore

I suggest to add video views to the meta data and/or as an option (On or Off) in the admin panel. I believe the number of views can influence users watching decisions and that is something I want in my site.

Kind regards

admin
    Keymaster

The difficulty with functionality like adding view count for the videos is the videos are imported via channel or playlist and the resource returned by the YouTube API for channel/playlist does not include the video view count. To acquire the video view count, a separate call needs to be made to the YouTube API for the video resource itself. As well, the view count needs to be updated to reflect when new views occur. This would require a lot of calls to the YouTube API. While it’s possible, the plugin could become more difficult to use due to server resources required and more calls means more interruption for site users as they wait for the new information to be imported.

thore

That┬┤s what I thought and saw in the new API version. I still think it can be great as an option in the admin panel, knowing of course its consequences. Well, thank you for your answer.

Also, I need to ask a question regarding a cron job or an automatic solution for duplicate posts. Can you help me with it? or can you lead me to an email?

What I basically need is to get rid of the duplicate posts automatically I find it very annoying to have it done manually or to simply see the duplicate posts every time I check my site (whatever server resources needed).

Great job with the plugin, it is useful and almost exactly what I needed.

Kind regards

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you!

Hmmmmm…great questions. Presently there is no way to automatically clean-up duplicate posts. You need to be logged in to remove them, so a cronjob won’t work because a session is required. I’ve added the request for this functionality to our list. Not sure when we’ll be able to get to it.

thore

Thank you. Looking forward to it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 Ternstyle LLC. All rights reserved.
site design: ternstyle.us