a true cron job and use this plugin's SSL certificate authority bundle?

Home Forums Administrative Questions a true cron job and use this plugin's SSL certificate authority bundle?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  n00biestthe 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

n00biestthe

Hi there,

Love the plugin but you really need to add in a simple cron file for us to call instead of having it activate by visitors or logged in admins, a basic cron file we can call from an external service would be perfect 🙂

also what is the plugin’s SSL certificate authority bundle?

admin
    Keymaster

We have considered adding the cron feature. Thing is, you’re one of very very few people to ask for it. It’s on our list, but we’re not sure when we’ll get to this feature.

When connecting to the YouTube API using PHP’s cURL extension, we connect using a secure socket layer. Dependent on your server set-up, the verification of the SSL certificate can be tricky. We include Google’s CA bundle in the plugin to make it easier for some servers to connect to the API.

n00biestthe

thanks for taking the time to reply, ah ok so the ssl cert is just for ppl having trouble.

as for the cron, i think you’d get a lot more installs as cron jobs are much more reliable and of cause takes the load times away from visitors, for me it only imports videos when i login and go to the back end, tested as a visitor with the visitor option active and nothing happened, a simple cron just fixes that issue. I mean if it’s just not something you want to do i’ll write the cron script myself and port it in but considering you have the option to allow visitors to run it a cron wouldn’t be hard to add in 🙂

i just feel like your losing a lot of ppl because of this and i know its a pain in my butt having to login when my videos go live just so that the site imports them.

Kind Regards,
    TheNoob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 Ternstyle LLC. All rights reserved.
site design: ternstyle.us