Creating a Short Code
To configure your short code:
- Once logged into WordPress ™ as an administrator, go to ternCalâ€™s Short Code Configurator menu item.
- Click the “Add New Short Code” button at the top of the screen.
- At this point you’ll be presented with the short code configurator. Notice the preview of the event list on the left and the controls for configuration on the right.
- To start configuring select whether you’d like to display your events by view (month, week, day) or if you’d like to display upcoming events. Do this by clicking the checkbox beside either of these options. Display by view is selected by default.
- If you chose to display your events in month, week or day view you should now choose which of those views you’d prefer.
If you chose to display upcoming events, set the number of upcoming events you’d like to display at one time.
- Name your short code. This helps later if you’ve created multiple lists.
- In the event you have set ternCal up to style your lists for you in the ternCal settings (learn about this here), you can select a color scheme and theme for your event list.
- When configuring your short code you can decide which calendars you’d like to display. Click the checkboxes beside the calendars you’d like displayed.
- Next, select which information you’d like to display for your events. Click the checkboxes beside each you’d like displayed.
- Once you’ve decided which, if any, of the meta information to display for your event posts, click the checkbox beside “Show Meta Titles” if you’d like titles displayed for each piece of information.
- You can also display the content for each event. This is the content that is set in the main content well of the editor for your events.
- And you can truncate that content if for some reason you haven’t added your WordPress ™ more tag. Learn about more tags here.
- You can even display a featured image if one is set for your event posts.
- Don’t forget to click the “Save Short Code” button.
That’s it. Your short code has been configured. You should be returned to the table of your configured short codes. Now you just need to add the short code to a page or post.
Previous document → Using the Short Code ConfiguratorNext document → Adding Your Short Code to a Page or Post